CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 31, 2012

Poetry

 Your child took his/her poems home last week and should be working on memorizing one.  The poems will be presented in class on Tuesday, September 25.  In order to earn 100% your child needs to do the poem with actions, bring a prop, or share his/her favorite line. 

Swinging
I start my swing very soft and slow,
With just enough push to make it go
Then I hurry it up, till I'm going so fast
That the leaves on the trees go rushing past.
I swoop down low, so close to the ground
That I see the June bugs crawling around,
And then so high, so far, and so free
That even the east wind can't catch me.
~Marchette G. Chute

The Rhinoceros
The Rhino is a homely beast,
For human eyes he's not a feast,
But you and I will never know
Why Nature chose to make him so
Farewell, farewell, you old rhinoceros,
I'll stare at something less prepoceros.
~Ogden Nash
An Autumn Riddle
They are seen on the trees,
They are seen on the ground.
They are seen in the air,
Whirling softly around;
They sing rustling songs
As our footsteps they hear,
And their name is well known,
For they come every year.
~Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment